Veikko Linko (born in 1984) is an Associate Professor of Biomedicine Technologies in the Institute of Technology, at the University of Tartu. He received his PhD (2011) and MSc (2007) degrees in Physics from the University of Jyväskylä. After that he has worked at the Technical University of Munich (2011–2013) and at the Aalto University (2013–2022). He also holds two Docentships; one in Chemical Engineering (field: Bionanotechnology, Aalto University, 2018–) and another in Physics (field: Molecular Nanotechnology, University of Jyväskylä, 2015–). His research interests include DNA nanotechnology, self-assembled biomaterials, biohybrid nanoarchitectures, drug-delivery applications, nanolithography, molecular electronics, and nanoplasmonics. By the fall of 2022 Veikko has >70 publications in the Google Scholar database, with an h-index of 30.
- I. Seitz, H. Ijäs, V. Linko, and M. A. Kostiainen (2022). Optically Responsive Protein Coating of DNA Origami for Triggered Antigen Targeting. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 14 (34), 38515–38524.
- H. Ijäs, B. Shen, A. Heuer-Jungemann, A. Keller, M. A. Kostiainen, T. Liedl, J. A. Ihalainen, and V. Linko (2021). Unraveling the interaction between doxorubicin and DNA origami nanostructures for customizable chemotherapeutic drug release. Nucleic Acids Research, 49 (6), 3048–3062.
- A. Keller and V. Linko (2020). Challenges and Perspectives of DNA Nanostructures in Biomedicine. Angewandte Chemie, Int. Ed.,59 (37), 15818–15833.
- H. Ijäs, I. Hakaste, B. Shen, M. A. Kostiainen, and V. Linko (2019). Reconfigurable DNA Origami Nanocapsule for pH-Controlled Encapsulation and Display of Cargo. ACS Nano, 13 (5), 5959–5967.
- B. Shen, V. Linko, K. Tapio, S. Pikker, T. Lemma, A. Gopinath, K. V. Gothelf, M. A. Kostiainen, and J. J. Toppari (2018). Plasmonic nanostructures through DNA-assisted lithography. Science Advances, 4 (2), eaap8978.